My journey from morbid obesity to merely overweight. If you’ve ever wondered how to lose a lot of weight, fast.
- Gain a lot of weight. It’s easier to lose weight, when you have a lot to lose.
- Develop metabolic syndrome. It’ll make life painful, and your clothes, ill-fitting.
- Get Type 2 diabetes, and imagine dying with an amputation and failing kidneys.
- Get a meter to test blood glucose.
- Go on a low carbohydrate diet. Learn “safe” foods.
- Join an online support group. You’ll learn some recipes and techniques.
- Eat less, and watch the pounds melt away.
- Exercise. I didn’t really do much, but everyone says you need to exercise.
- Watch your friend get sicker and sicker from the problems related to uncontrolled diabetes, and die from it.
Update: April 23, 2021
Welcome to “Type 2 Blog”, the new domain for the site, which used to be called “Complaining About Food”.
The old site will be copied over, for a few months.
If you can’t stop reading, go to the old site!